Manama, June 19 (BNA): His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, chaired today the weekly cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet stressed the importance of the official meeting between His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and the President of the United Arab Emirates, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, at the residence of His Majesty the King in Abu Dhabi. In this regard, the Cabinet affirmed that the meeting further strengthened the relations between the two countries and their peoples.
His Highness the Crown Prince and Prime Minister directed the concerned authorities to support Bahraini citizens participating in the Hajj rituals.
His Highness praised the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia under the leadership of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and supported His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia. Arabia for its commitment to ensuring a smooth Hajj season.
The Cabinet noted Bahrain’s success in maintaining Category 1 status in the US State Department’s Trafficking in Persons report for the sixth year in a row. The annual publication provides an assessment of global efforts to combat human trafficking. Bahrain’s high rating reflects its efficiency in mitigating human trafficking cases.
The Cabinet attributed this achievement to the comprehensive development of the Kingdom under the leadership of His Majesty the King and with the support of the government led by His Highness the Crown Prince and Prime Minister.
In addition, the Council of Ministers monitored the progress made in implementing the directives of His Royal Highness to hold events and exhibitions that raise awareness of housing finance services and programs for Bahraini citizens. In this regard, the Minister of Housing and Urban Planning reviewed the success of the exhibition in achieving its objectives.
The Cabinet congratulated the graduates of the Bahrain Teachers College, and expressed its appreciation to the board of directors and staff for their efforts in advancing academic excellence, which resulted in the largest number of graduates in the history of the college.
The Cabinet also congratulated the Chairman, members of the Board of Directors, employees and players of Al-Najma Club for winning the 25th Asian Handball Men’s Club Championship, and congratulated Manama Club for winning the inaugural West Asian Basketball Premier League championship.
The Cabinet commended the victories of the athletes in both clubs and their role in confirming Bahrain’s position as a pioneer in the global sports arena.
During the meeting, the Cabinet discussed several memorandums approving the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the government executive committee regarding the strategy for developing the Bahrain Technical College (Bahrain Polytechnic), which contains several components aimed at developing the skills of Bahrainis, doubling the number of available study seats, and offering programs in all governorates of Bahrain. kingdom.
2. A memorandum submitted by the State Executive Committee on a number of measures related to increasing the stock of medicines.
3 – A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Financial Balance regarding the results of reviewing the strategy for developing the financial services sector (2022-2026) and related initiatives and objectives that fall within the framework of developing promising sectors in the Kingdom contained in the economy. recovery plan.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a memorandum of understanding between the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture and the Ministry of Spatial Planning and Building in the Slovak Republic. The MoU defines building legislation and the digitization of building processes and spatial planning.
5. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs specifying the framework for cooperation between government hospitals and the University of Bahrain in the fields of health education, training and scientific research. The broader goal of the collaboration is to enable students at the University of Bahrain to train in government hospitals.
6. The memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s response to four proposals submitted by the House of Representatives.
Finally, the Cabinet referred to the following ministerial reports:
1. Participation in the thirty-second regular session of the Council of the League of Arab States at the summit level
2. The outcomes of the visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs to the Italian Republic
3 – The outcomes of the 156th session of the Ministerial Council of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf.
4. Participation in the second ministerial meeting between the members of the League of Arab States and Pacific Small Island Developing States
5. Participation in the 111th session of the International Labor Conference
6. Outputs of the visit of the Minister of Sustainable Development to the United Arab Emirates
7. Participation in the Arab-Chinese Business Conference
#HRH #Crown #Prince #Prime #Minister #chairs #weekly #Cabinet #Meeting