Manama, May 16 (BNA) His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Deputy King, chaired the weekly meeting of the Council of Ministers at Al-Qudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet expressed its heartfelt condolences on the death of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, recalling his efforts to strengthen Gulf cooperation, his serious devotion to public service, and advancing the overall development of the UAE. The Council of Ministers indicated that the Arab and Islamic worlds have lost a prominent leader.
The Cabinet congratulated His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the State, on the occasion of his election as President of the State, wishing him success in continuing to lead the country towards further growth and development, and to continue the path of the founder of the State, His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the State. The late His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
The Cabinet praised the results of the visit of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to attend the Royal Windsor Horse Show at the invitation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Cabinet noted the importance of the meeting held between His Majesty the King, and it comes in the wake of the Kingdom’s commitment to support and strengthen the historical relations between the two countries. The Cabinet expressed its best wishes to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the 70th anniversary of her accession to the throne.
During the meeting, the Council of Ministers discussed a number of memoranda with the following results:
Agree to the following notes:
1 – A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft law ratifying an agreement between the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland regarding air services.
2. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft decision to amend some provisions of the decision to establish the National Committee for Information and Population.
3. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft decision to amend some provisions of the decision regulating medical examination for expatriates.
4. Memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a cooperation agreement between the Regional Center for Quality and Excellence in Education and the Ministry of Education in the fields of science and research.
5. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s responses to 4 proposals and a proposed law submitted by the House of Representatives.
The Cabinet reviewed the following topics:
1. A memorandum from the Minister of Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning related to digital transformation of 61% of the services provided by Works Affairs and 51% of the services provided by Municipal Affairs.
2. The memorandum of the Minister of Youth and Sports Affairs regarding the Massari project, which aims to refine the capabilities and skills of young people and develop their talents.
The Cabinet reviewed the ministerial reports on the visit of the Kingdom of Morocco and the Greek Republic, and the Kingdom’s attendance of the Future Aviation Forum 2022 at the King Abdulaziz International Conference Center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.