Will be part of a testing and commissioning team completing a variety of technical assignments (BMS focus) within one area of expertise or discipline.
• Represent the company in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects and other project team members in relation to ELV systems (BMS/DMS/CCTV/DMS).
• Perform inspections, test certification and operate ELV systems in accordance with the current standard and safety code to ensure that they are safe for use by people.
• A multi-skilled engineer to oversee and manage T&C of ELV systems and awareness of ELV programs.
• Possess the necessary technical expertise to deal with all the various problems, issues and emergencies that may arise in relation to ELV systems.
• Hold meetings with contractors and supervise consultants regarding workflow and resolution of any site concerns/problems.
• Ensure effective SSC implementation of the T&C plan by supervising a Site Supervision Consultant (SSC) certifying and inspecting T&C activities and ensuring that all required documentation is in place.
• View on-site T&C testing to ensure integrity and accuracy of reports.
• Keeps well informed of current technology applied to the area of expertise.
• Ability to review/comment on instrument architecture control systems such as P&IDs, network architecture, instrument specifications, loops and diagrams, control panel layouts, device site layout drawings, cable block diagram and cabling schedule, control room layout drawings, and control diagram Schematic and logical diagram of any control system equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
• More than 10 years of diversified technical experience
• Demonstrates depth of knowledge within one discipline and experience with T&C ELV
• Must be well versed in terms and conditions of (BMS / ACS / CCTV) systems including Honeywell fire alarm systems
• Good experience in systems integration and experience in any configuration and programming of ELV systems (BMS/ACS/CCTV systems).
• Have knowledge of electrical components related to ELV systems, be able to read and interpret technical drawings, plans and diagrams, and become familiar with all relevant regulations, legislation and best practices.
• Decent background in LV Works preferred.
• Good experience in factory acceptance and other T&C activities for these systems.
• Should have knowledge and understanding of ELV related codes and their application to the project.
Parsons is a leader in markets as diverse as infrastructure, transportation, water, communications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences, and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, provincial and local government agencies as well as private industries around the world.