This position is responsible for presenting the Finance Department as a single point of contact to support all business units in all finance related requirements such as analysis reports, disbursements, spending classifications and ensuring that operating expenses and revenues are in line with the approved budget.
• Responsible for analyzing operating expenses to identify and maximize the opportunity for cost savings and to ensure that spending is in line with the approved budget.
• Responsible for the design, development, publication and maintenance of all internal FP&A reports to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements.
• Responsible for preparing monthly forecasts and quarterly business reviews for all functional areas of the business and related subsidiaries.
• Develop a solid understanding of all key performance drivers and issues related to budgeting, forecasting and actual results and include them in the monthly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results of business operations; Including differences in planning, ensuring that key issues, risks and business drivers are understood and highlighted to reduce any unnecessary spending
• Support the management team in the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes. This will include making assumptions, spreadsheet modeling, merging and analysis, and preparing presentations for key business stakeholders.
• Responsible for preparing all financial analyzes assigned to support senior management decisions.
• Responsible for analyzing working capital expenditure and management.
• Responsible for risk assessment, risk management and enforcement of financial policies and guidelines throughout the company.
• Responsible for the feasibility and analysis of all functional business activities and ensuring alignment with the company’s strategic objectives and annual budget.
• Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA) preferred.
• Must be a Certified Accountant / Certified Financial Analyst (CPA, CA, CMA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA)
• Experience, skills and competencies
• 8 years of experience in the retail industry highly preferred
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a proven ability to collect, analyze and present data.
• Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
• Detail and processing oriented, able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure with a sense of priority.
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Strong experience in BI (Business Intelligence)
• PowerPoint skills
Panda was established in 1978 as one of the most important institutions in the retail sector in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In 1994, Panda merged with Al Azizia Company and then in late 1998 the Savola Group acquired Azizia Panda United, one of the largest diversified conglomerates in the Middle East and North Africa region, Azizia Panda United became the retail sector in Savola and began its journey to become the leading company in the field Retail food in the area. In 2008,
This acquisition helped Panda Company in its growth and expansion by owning the largest market share in the Saudi retail sector.
The first new form of hypermarket was opened in Riyadh in 2004. In 2006, Panda advanced its regional expansion by opening its first store in Dubai. In 2008, there were more stores operating under the Panda name when Savola Group acquired Giant supermarkets in Saudi Arabia and merged them with Panda. One year later in 2009, Panda achieved another great success by acquiring all Geant stores in Saudi Arabia.
In 2014, the company name was changed from Azizia Panda United to Panda Retail Company. Another major step in the expansion plan was achieved when Panda opened a hypermarket in Egypt in 2015. These major steps increased Panda’s share in the retail sector from 7% to more than 8%. Today Panda is the largest food retailer in the Middle East and owns more than 400 branches of Panda Super, Panda Hyper and Pandati in Saudi Arabia and Egypt making it the largest retailer serving more than 400 million visitors annually.