Stantec is currently looking for an IT ELV Engineer with a building background to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project for a large office building complex that accommodates client management and operating personnel. This project will have relevant functional and support facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
• To ensure response to necessary construction documentation, including but not limited to review of shop drawings, information requests, and material submissions. It is to support the inspectors’ efforts to ensure that all documents reviewed are properly translated into a composite product that meets requirements and specifications.
• Experience in network design: Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless LAN, Real Time Location Services (RTLS).
• Experienced in switching and routing of complex networks.
• Experienced in configuring firewall, IPS, IDS.
• Experienced VOIP systems, VoIP telephony, VoIP video conferencing, Unified Communications systems such as Jabber and MS Lync
• Experience in testing and operating all of the above for large buildings.
• Monitor electrical works related to ELV and IT systems, to comply with provisions of contract documents and procedures manual.
• Review, approve and process all ELV and IT technical submissions.
• Prepare RFI’s preliminary answers related to ELV and IT business.
• Coordinate and supervise the pre-installation work of the selected ELV and IT activities and operations.
• Reviews ELV Contractor and IT change orders proposals and prepares recommendations for Chief Electrical Engineer.
• Liaise with necessary sub-consultants.
• Assist in the review of contractor claims related to ELV and IT business and prepare recommendations for claims.
• Assist in reviewing contractor project log documents relevant to their discipline.
• Assist in the inspection of completed work, start-up monitoring, testing, commissioning and delivery of ELV and IT works.
• Perform all other duties given by MEP PM.
• Minimum 15 years experience with at least eight (8) construction management experience. Middle Eastern experience preferred
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related discipline: Electrical Engineering or ELV
• CCNE certified
• MCSE Qualification
• Strong technical background on ELV systems and information technology.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good knowledge of ELV systems, IT, products and materials.
• Knowledge/Experience in Revit
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office business solutions (Excel, Word).
• Ability to properly review and comment on necessary documents.
• Excellent understanding of specifications.
• Good understanding of authority requirements.
• Understand the complete project in a specific area, from inception to delivery.
Communities are essential. Whether they are nearby or across the world, they provide the foundation and a sense of place and belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with the community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve – because they are ours, too. This allows us to assess what is needed and connect our experiences, to appreciate the nuances and visualize what is not taken into account, to bring together diverse perspectives so that we can collaborate for mutual success.
We are designers, engineers, scientists and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity and customer relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that improve the quality of life in communities around the world.