We are WSP – Join us and get your career future ready!
Think bigger. Think higher. Think about laying the foundation stone. Join WSP, and you will be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on community transformation projects for all of us.
Your new role, what is your role?
Digital duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead several digital innovation projects from start to finish.
* Communicate with stakeholders, including IT managers, vendors, and executive leaders.
* Use interactive technology and collaboration tools to translate design, produce training, and develop user experience experiences
* Interact with users to comprehensively understand business processes and gather user requirements.
* Drafting/reviewing systems specifications and adherence to functional requirements.
* Carry out comprehensive system tests to ensure that the programs are free of errors.
* Liaise and communicate agreed requirements to external contractors.
* Prepare and/or review high-level system design/detailed design.
* Preparing the technical specifications for the project.
* Perform coding/testing/implementation.
* Prepare and/or review an approved test plan/test specification. Perform a quality audit of applications.
* Prepare and conduct user training.
* Identify and escalate project related issues to the Project Manager.
* Solve subtraction problems, and provide quick solutions to problems.
* Manage the development of programs developed by the program partner.
* Solve interface issues between IoT hardware and software,
* Provide support to the Development Team leadership to ensure the reliability and maintainability of the enterprise software solution.
*Explore innovative technologies and assess their suitability.
* Manage the development of proof-of-concept models.
* Envision the use and adaptation of modern technology to enhance the value of its products.
BIM duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage and coordinate the general use of BIM models within the Structures Unit and for multidisciplinary projects (when applicable).
* Manage project BIM coordinator(s) and BIM/CAD technicians including input to QA and QC for models and drawings.
* Help BIM lead P&B in implementing Building Information Management (BIM) systems.
* Lead the creation of BIM deliverables, clash detection processes and reports, BIM quality control plans, BIM design review procedures, Build Sequence (4D) and Cost Estimation (5D), and implement BIM Asset Management (COBie).
* Ability to understand client BIM requirements and analyze/implement BIM implementation plans to produce BIM outputs.
* Configure and maintain the project’s shared data environment to enable effective management of engineering design outputs.
* Responsible for planning project BIM deliverables and managing effective delivery in accordance with the project plan and BIM implementation plan.
* Coordinate BIM issues with design teams to develop and enhance standards with the goal of improving models and BIM deliverables.
* Engagement detection and reporting.
* Identify and discover any potential opportunity/risks for the project or team.
* Actual hands-on capabilities for creating templates, high-level BIM families, common parameters, scheduling, and BIM modeling in general.
* Monitor and guide model progress and usage process for future construction.
* Reporting to the project manager and line manager in an organized manner.
* Assist in upgrading the skills of existing CAD/BIM, Digital, Engineering and Project Management staff.
What will you need
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or more than 5 years of civil/structural experience and a background in modeling, knowledge of BIM best practices. Proven ability to lead a team of digital developers will be beneficial.
* Familiar with different project management methodologies such as Agile and Lean
* Good understanding of user experience techniques and when to apply them effectively
* At least 5 years of experience in design with BIM operations on large projects.
* Mandatory proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Rhino (Civil 3D would be useful).
* Compulsory proficiency with Autodesk Navisworks
* Compulsory proficiency with Autodesk BIM360
* Mandatory proficiency with Dynamo / Grasshopper and Python scripting tools
Any of the following will be considered an added value:
* The Middle East experience will be of great benefit.
* Experience in implementing / managing applications to public cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP).
* Experience with databases like NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
* Mastering Power Bi.
* Proficiency with MS SharePoint and ACONEX platforms.
* Experience working within a multinational work environment would be beneficial.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
* Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and solve problems.
What’s in it for you?
What if we had a work-life balance? What if we were rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we were accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP understands that work is only one part of our lives and that making time for other things in our lives is important – whether it’s our families, friends, or ourselves. So if you work from home, work part time or have a flexible start and end time that will help, let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
In addition to rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical coverage, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be You, Be Happy – We strive for a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can make to WSP. We understand the benefits that people with diverse backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the basic criteria.
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services consulting firms. We are committed to our local communities and driven by an international mindset. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, software and construction management professionals. We design durable solutions in the real estate, buildings, transportation, infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining and oil and gas), power and energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic advisory services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices in 40 countries, we design projects that will help communities grow for life.