Our motto for food and beverages must be strictly followed
Generous with people, ruthless by standards, thirsty for more
This position is responsible for training the juniors in the assigned department to prepare and serve consistently high quality food. Monitor all standards set by the hotel and regulated by local authorities, ensuring all hygiene and cost control systems are followed and maintained.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our personal care must create a professional image at work which is why every member of our team needs to follow personal hygiene standards at all times.
– Food and drink
– catering sales
Talent and culture
– House keeping
– Food preparation, cooking, quality control, cutting and HACCP
– Keep Not Daily Use (MEP) and prepare ingredients
Lead by example, inspect and clean food preparation areas, ensure safe personal hygiene and hygienic food handling practices, HACCP, FIFO/FEFO labeling and practices, hygienic handling and storage of equipment and utensils
Check the taste, temperature and visual appeal of prepared foodstuffs to ensure quality and portion are consistent and according to specified specifications.
– Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in daily preparation
Provides guidance for entry-level kitchen staff, including, but not limited to, line cooking, food preparation, and plate coating
Strict adherence to purchasing procedures
– Keep up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques
– You have complete knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
– Adhering to recipes and managing inventory
Ensure compliance with all government safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and regulations
Be well acquainted with firefighting and life safety/emergency procedures in the hotel
Implementation of necessary precautions regarding food safety and hygiene standards in the hotel (HACCP)
– Attending all briefings, meetings and training courses specified by the management
Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and personal hygiene at all times
Perform other reasonable duties assigned to management
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships between departments
– Actively exchange ideas, opinions and suggestions
Efficiency in preparation and implementation
– Gain culinary knowledge and skills to grow into a beginner chef
Mentoring and training young colleagues on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and a productive work environment
Main complexity/critical issues in the job
Consistently deliver a high quality product
Work area cleanliness
– Exercising strict control over food partitioning and wastage, thus ensuring overall food profitability
Knowledge and experience
Necessary basic and local food hygiene certificates
– Minimum 4 years in basic cooking mode, preferably in similar operation
Knowing different cooking techniques
Cooking degree preferred
– Proficiency in reading, writing and oral English
– Ability to speak other languages and basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
– Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
Technical cooking skills
– Reliable and consistent precisely in stressful situations and high pressure
– Ability to work in a team and build one
They have self-motivation, vitality, ability to work in a team and able to build one
Hungry to learn and put into practice in order to grow
– Good looking and professional at all times
talent and culture
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as per business needs. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. The above job description attempts to identify the main aspects of the role, however, it does not limit his right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
A caring employer offering respect, training and career development to our employees. Attractive employer offering over 100 careers across five continents.
We are much more than a global leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers and have the same passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests at our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As operator, franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energies in making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the best hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the world, more than 20 AccorHotels brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers looking for comfort, attention and quality service.