The company is a leader in the industrial services industry. Specifically in the transportation and logistics industry. Provides airport services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They are currently looking for a Director of Corporate Governance, Director of Board Affairs and Committees to be based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain strategy formulation for managing board affairs and committees
• Ensure alignment of efforts in the implementation of corporate affairs management strategy
• Support the development and implementation of department policies, procedures and operations. and monitor the compliance of subordinates.
• Monitor the performance of team efforts against KPls and targets on a regular basis.
• Lead the process of improving governance and review and review processes and structures to adapt to the needs of the President, CEO and committee chairs.
• Ensure the proper functioning of the main board of directors and its committees and provide support and information with the governance action plan and best practices to ensure high quality meeting packages, meetings and effective follow-up.
• Strengthening the policy management process, working with colleagues to ensure effective development and approval of policies and ensuring timely scheduling for policy approval and review at the board level.
• Leading in the development, maintenance and review of governance policies and procedures, framework (eg conflict of interest policy, company bylaws) and certain central policies in accordance with policy
• Administration process.
• Manage the implementation of the governance action plan.
• Manage governance requirements for regulators versus governments to ensure company compliance with our key regulators and act as an assistant to the Board Secretary to meet reporting requirements and improve reporting processes.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure internal engagement.
• Manage and contribute to projects as required, ensuring successful implementation and review.
• Ensure the preparation, classification and distribution of agendas, meeting information packages, minutes and reports, and management of subsequent procedures for audit, risk and other committee meetings.
• Work with the Finance team with the production of quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Responsible for managing the process for all Board and General Assembly meetings including allocating additional resources.
• Producing meeting schedules, preparing and distributing meeting notice, correspondence, plan and materials, as well as subsequent updates or changes
• Attending the minimum required personal Board of Directors meetings, Governance Committee meetings, annual staff meetings, monthly calls, and providing excellent record keeping and minutes of filing.
• Establishing an excellent working relationship with the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors.
• Committee members, executives and organizing staff.
• Create presentations, reports for the president and other materials for board members.
• Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of boards of directors, boards of governors and the Administration Committee by enhancing the decision-making process.
• Contribute to enhancing the effectiveness of the Committee through research and submission of documents on the issues under consideration.
• Develop and manage action plans to ensure that they comply with all relevant regulatory requirements, the Capital Market Authority, and the Ministry of Commerce and Investment requirements for the Board of Directors and shareholders.
• Advertise on the Tadawul website in accordance with the regulations and rules and ensure transparency with shareholders by providing correct information.
• Provide professional development/training support and conduct periodic performance reviews to direct reports based on the performance management system.
• Develop and implement manpower plans and succession plans for key HR positions.
• Recommending training needs to subordinates and evaluating the results of training courses.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources Function to recruit talent within the management of the company’s strategy and growth.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• MBA is a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of experience in a management role
• Excellent Communication Skills
• The initiative should be to seize new opportunities and difficult challenges with a sense of urgency
• For Saudi citizens only
Propel Consult offers a service in line with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of employment stems from our sincere belief in providing professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading local and multinational organizations across the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. The concentration of our resources has resulted in the creation of 5 distinct specialized divisions:
- Banking and Financial Services
- Human Resources
- oil and gas