We are a leading partner for luxury throughout the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and more than 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by providing outstanding service to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are rapidly moving from a traditional luxury distributor and retailer in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer that brings luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To support the next phase of our growth, we look forward to building a world class team. From physical retail to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continually improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for the best talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
what are you going to do
• Build efficient, testable and reusable code
• Develop, enhance and maintain Android application levelshoes using best practices.
• Cross-functional work to transform business needs into technical specifications
• Integration and maintenance of the Android application with the levelshoes . ecosystem
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain core product software and databases to ensure optimum performance and robust performance.
• Assist in software development, enhancement, debugging, testing and QA maintenance for the backend application.
• Assist with technical solutions for product features and reliability features.
• Provide robust and reliable documentation on completed business elements such as code, concepts, and logic.
• Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle.
• Team management including work allocation and prioritization
What you will need to succeed
• Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar.
• More than 5 years of extensive experience in Android application development.
• Proficiency in Kotlin, Java and Android SDK
• Proven work experience in mobile architecture design patterns such as MVVM / MVC / MVP
• Familiarity with RESTful and JSON APIs for effective integration with Android applications
• Experience working with version control systems (Git).
• Good understanding of the code review process. (Knowledge of Gerrit is a bonus).
• Possess knowledge of the tools: Atlassian JIRA / SourceTree / Confluence,
• Having experience working in agile teams.
• Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
• Comfortable work as part of a cross-functional team and with code written by others, including bug fixes and rebuilding legacy code
What we can offer you
With us you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey by enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities, and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our group offers diverse career paths for those extraordinary, every day.
We understand the value you bring, and strive to provide a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare, child education contribution, telecommuting and flexible policies, as well as exclusive employee discounts.
The Chalhoub Group has been the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
Blending its experience in the Middle East and its intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by providing outstanding service to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as operating more than 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valuable assets of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuels the competitive advantage of the Chalhoub Group in today’s market.
Through its commitment to implement sustainable practices in its business, in 2013 the Chalhoub Group was awarded the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.