Senior Design Engineer to oversee all architectural design activities to develop the most efficient architectural and engineering frameworks. Furthermore, we are committed to design excellence in providing first-class solutions that combine innovation, imagination and best practices.
Basic job functions
• Responsible for evaluating the client/client brief, concept design (above average ability, or evidence of significant potential), schematic design, detailed design, bid documents, specifications, and site follow-up.
• Proactively lead the design team and coordinate with Structural Engineers, Building Services and Infrastructure Engineers, other consultants, concept specialists as well as the finalists.
• Coordinate with and supervise the team of architects on a daily basis to achieve excellent design and documentation quality, matching or best to internationally recognized standards.
• To act professionally and to ensure customer satisfaction with new and existing customers.
• Report to senior management on a regular basis regarding progress, design, quality, resources, changes, site issues, planning issues, etc.
• Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their work and all work of their team.
• B. Arch, M.Arch or B.Sc in Architecture (minimum 5-6 years of undergraduate study) and have 8-12 years of postgraduate experience and at least 3 years recently on large projects (Residential and Commercial, Mixed Use Projects, Hospitality, Highrise and Healthcare)
• The need for above-average concept design capabilities or evidence of great potential.
• Creative and passionate about design.
• Working knowledge of British and American standards as well as a great knowledge and awareness of Middle Eastern architectural flavours
• Reasonable knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related 3D software.
Created in 2003 by experienced technical engineers and recruiters, VHR offers a partner-oriented approach. We are passionate about the industries we work in, and support the advancement of the career path we offer and the people we work with.
Whether it is a single permanent job vacancy or a team of contract professionals, VHR strives to provide the best possible recruitment solutions.
As a recruitment firm, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.