Product compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions meet legal and safety requirements. We coordinate aspects of the transactions of the products being regulated (distribution, shipment, sale, import/export). This includes analyzing product import documentation and identifying hazardous risks. We are also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions about food safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/prohibited products from the Site and our warehouse, and contacting customers with relevant safety information.
As a Senior Compliance Assistant, you will have multiple opportunities to develop your job experience and provide the independence to make decisions, implement ideas, and measure results. We firmly believe in learning on the job, and from day one, you’ll be on the right track to becoming an expert in the field.
The Compliance Operations team is here to make sure Amazon customers are safe and informed by analyzing product import documentation, identifying risks and ensuring transactions are legal and secure. You can build the future with us by enhancing and improving a world class system that delivers amazing results.
Your responsibilities may include:
– Ensuring that the imported products have been tested in the approved laboratories and that they comply with the legal requirements of the importing country.
To classify products on the basis of their potential hazardous risks, for regulatory storage and transportation purposes.
Take appropriate measures to protect customers from returned or unsafe products.
– To identify and remove products that violate our Prohibited Products policies and remove them from the Website and fulfill Amazon’s regulatory obligations for those products.
To improve and standardize global commerce processes and best practices within Amazon’s internal businesses.
Product review to ensure regulatory compliance of all products available for sale on Amazon from all sources
– Write rules to identify and take unsafe and incompatible actions
– Suppression of products based on ads by authorities
Create rules, review Amazon and restrict unsafe products
– Identify and remove products that violate our Food Safety Policies and remove them from the Website and proactively fulfill Amazon’s regulatory obligations for these products.
1-4 years of experience in compliance, BPO, product safety, logistics or shipping.
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
– Fluency in both written and verbal Arabic and English.
Currently qualified to work in Jordan
3+ years of experience in risk management, compliance and regulatory compliance management with government agencies, e-commerce or retail industry
– Lean Six Sigma and other process optimization tools.
Advanced computer skills, especially MS Excel or Basic Tableau & SQL. Knowledge of dangerous goods or consumer product safety regulations.
Fluent in a third language, preferably French, Spanish, German or Turkish.
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English and Arabic e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com confirmed that it would acquire Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.