The accountant shall be responsible for the following reports, but not limited to:
Complete group legal reporting requirements, such as:
• Interim financial statements
• Financial statements for a full year
• Completing legal reporting requirements for the group’s independent entities in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
• Preparing and submitting VAT returns for UK, UAE and Saudi Arabian entities.
• Complete month end closing activities for areas assigned to the financial statements (related parties, fixed assets, receivables, prepayments and AP).
• Prepare balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support in preparing Audit + Risk Committee packages detailing key aspects of IFRS compliance.
• Supervising the semi-annual/full-year external audit process.
• Liaise with external auditors and advisors to ensure group tax compliance.
• Work with internal auditors to fulfill scheduled audit plans.
• Periodically review and address key risks of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) group reports.
• Liaise with company advisors on compliance and technical issues.
• Liaise and support the Company Secretary function on related matters.
Any other tasks assigned as required by the Finance Department.
• Experience of Assistant Manager level 4 in a large accounting firm. (Basic)
• Detailed understanding of IFRS reporting and keeping abreast of recent changes to standards.
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office. Working knowledge of ERP system is beneficial.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across the business.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload effectively and having a strong team.
• Certified Public Accountant Certification (whether CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent). (Is mandatory)
• Degree based on finance related.
A leading external contractor in the United Arab Emirates.