Pele re-enters ICU due to reflux, ESPN Brasil reports

Sao Paulo, September 17 (BNA): Brazilian football legend Pele has returned to the intensive care unit at Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo, ESPN Brasil reported, today, Friday, in an apparent deterioration in his health after he left the unit earlier this week. . .

Reuters reported that the hospital and a representative of Pele in Santos said they could not confirm the news.

ESPN Brasil said the three-time World Cup winner was readmitted to the intensive care unit due to acid reflux. The 80-year-old had a colon polyp removed this month and remained in hospital for further monitoring.

After being removed from the intensive care unit on Tuesday, Pele posted a smiling photo on Instagram with the message that he was ready for “90 minutes, plus extra time”.

The star of Santos, Brazil and the New York Cosmos, Pele is considered one of the greatest soccer players of all time.

He retired from playing in 1977, and his health has been a concern for family and fans in recent years.

He has had hip problems for years and cannot walk without assistance. In 2014 he spent some time in the intensive care unit due to an acute urinary tract infection.

Last year, Pele’s son said that his father suffered from bouts of depression, which the star later denied.

His public appearances were already cut short before the COVID-19 pandemic and since then he has made some non-essential forays outside his home near Santos.

NS

Source link

READ MORE  China’s Lenovo posts first revenue drop in 10 quarters due to COVID lockdown

Leave a Comment