At IBM, business is more than a job — it’s a call — to build, design, share, consult and think with customers, stay proactive, and collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to try things you never thought possible before. Are you ready to drive in this new age of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems with these amazing buying skills? If so, let’s talk.
As the Procurement Buyer, you will be responsible for delivering multiple purchases that support the department providing excellent customer service. This is a critical role that enables management’s operations to operate as efficiently as it enables managers to focus on strategic property and procurement.
Your role and responsibilities
• Receives PR and turns into purchase orders.
• Indirect procurement activity for procurement and support team sourcing.
• Support inquiries from client/stakeholders, IBM internal company.
• Communicates purchase orders to suppliers and expedites delivery when needed/ordered.
• Manage claims for goods/services and escalation point for customer inquiries.
• Modify or close purchase orders, reporting activity.
• Dealing with inquiries received from business seekers, suppliers, purchasing managers and accounts payable.
• Generate reports on open purchase order, mass purchase order expiration report, contract expiry report and other reports in the required format with good quality.
• Maintain updated records on processed transactions.
• Able to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and achieve goals
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
• Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with the team and customer stakeholders.
Technical and professional experience required
• 0 to 1 years of relevant experience in customer support and inquiry management
• Microsoft Office is a must
• Identify problems and solve them in a timely manner.
• Skillfully gathers and analyzes information.
• Managing difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Responds promptly to customer needs
• Respond to requests for service and assistance.
• Fulfills obligations.
• Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East and Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the region’s IT landscape. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technology fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, with offices in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, as well as a variety of hubs across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has leading initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile devices and security, as well as nanotechnology, e-government, healthcare and many more, in collaboration with leading educational institutions and governments. IBM supports hundreds of customers to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research and development programs and has an active Corporate Services Program (CSC).
Reinvention is a key word in the company’s history, and today, IBM is more than just a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a knowledge solutions and cloud platform company.