The Director of IT reports to the General Manager, and leads the IT department of this prominent financial services firm in Qatar.
The daily tasks of IT managers include high-level planning and coordination of the following:
• Hardware and software installations and upgrades
• Implementation and programming of computer networks and programs
• Digital Security
The minimum criteria for this position are:
• BSC. in computer science or similar and
• More than 8 years of experience, where the last 3 or more years have been in a financial institution (we may be able to consider insurance companies as well)
The ideal candidate must also have:
• At least 1-2 professional certifications from top vendors such as Oracle, IBM, Microsoft and Red Hat within system/software development and preferably a project management related certification.
• Proven experience in relative programming languages and technologies such as SQL/PL-SQL, C# and Java as well as web development languages such as PHP and ASP
Proven experience in electronic channels, such as online and mobile banking/apps, SMS banking, payment gateway integration, as well as middleware solutions such as JBoss, BizTalk, and Oracle’s stack Fusion/Tomcat/Glassfish
• Hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems such as Solaris, AS/400, RHEL on i-386 architectures; SPARC engineering will be an added advantage.
• Hands-on experience in Internet security solutions and requirements, such as WAF, Next-Gen Firewalls, Load-Balancing, Sandboxing and OWASP
The IT manager will have a deep understanding of their company’s technological and organizational needs. They are often changed by looking for ways in which network-based technology and systems can increase company organization and productivity. They must also keep abreast of the latest in modern and emerging technologies and computing trends.
“Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to provide a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries.”
Our approach is honest and straightforward, providing efficient and cost effective service which we recognize as important in the current market. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by delivering consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organization and allowing talented real estate and construction professionals to develop their potential in progressive environments.
Our open and consultative approach has allowed us to successfully develop long-term relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancies, key engagements and client organizations. Parallel to this we also have an extensive network of contacts at all levels across the industry and can provide cutting edge market intelligence, both in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.