Manama, Feb. 27 (BNA): The Viceroy, His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, chaired today the weekly cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet emphasized the importance of the talks that took place between His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and the President of Turkmenistan, His Excellency Mr. Sardar Berdymukhamedov, in strengthening bilateral relations and cooperation.
The Cabinet indicated that the memorandums of understanding signed during Berdymukhamedov’s visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain will enhance bilateral cooperation in various sectors.
The Council of Ministers congratulated His Majesty the King on the success of His Majesty’s representative for humanitarian work and youth affairs, and the leader of the Royal Endurance Team, His Highness Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, for obtaining first place, which made him a world champion in the International Equestrian Federation. The World Endurance Championship and the 160 km race that was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The Cabinet went on to congratulate His Highness Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad on this achievement, which enhances Bahrain’s reputation in international sports.
The Cabinet highlighted the results of the visit of His Royal Highness to the United Arab Emirates, where His Highness met with the President of the State, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. In this regard, the Cabinet indicated that the visit strengthens the Kingdom’s relations with the UAE, for the benefit of the two countries and their peoples.
The Cabinet congratulated the UAE on the success of the International Defense Exhibition and Conference 2023 (IDEX) at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC), noting the importance of the event at the regional and international levels.
During the meeting, the Council of Ministers discussed several memorandums with the following results:
Approval of the following notes:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Minister of Foreign Affairs regarding the recommendations of the Fourth Universal Periodic Review of the United Nations Human Rights Council on Bahrain.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding the adoption of the updated National Tourism Strategy (2022-2026).
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding amendments to the decree establishing the Rashid Equestrian and Horse Racing Club.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft decision to establish and form a National Human Rights Committee.
5. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding amending a Memorandum of Understanding between Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates on food security.
6. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s response to two proposals from the House of Representatives.
The Council then reviewed a summary of the work of the Ministerial Committee for Development and Infrastructure Projects during the period from February 2019 to December 2022, which highlighted the most important issues reviewed by the committee and its priorities to accelerate the implementation of projects, especially in the field of housing and infrastructure. Raising the efficiency and sustainability of services, achieving food security, protecting natural resources and road projects.
After that, the Cabinet reviewed the ministerial reports on the results of participation in the meeting of partners to support the Palestinian national strategy for employment, and the outcomes of the meeting of the Executive Committee of the Regional Organization for the Protection of the External Marine Environment. Participation of ministers and visits of foreign delegations to the Kingdom of Bahrain.