The concierge is responsible for delivering exceptional and memorable moments throughout the hotel’s guests’ journey. The concierge is required to demonstrate a gentle and friendly demeanor during daily duties, has a guest-centric approach to service delivery, and embodies the spirit of teamwork and a sense of responsibility in support of the Raffles brand. When joining the team on a pre-opening trip, the janitor must be prepared to embody a tenacious and innovative spirit in team building with leaders.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts
An Oasis for Well-Travelled Travelers Since 1887 Reinterpreted for the 21st century traveller, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, splendor and exceptional service for more than a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since expanded its network across the globe, welcoming the influential community in every destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, party or simply relax, the dignitaries who work at Raffles know better than anyone how to ensure “arrival as guest, departure as friend, return as family”.
Main roles and responsibilities
– nullify the experience of welcoming guests upon their arrival at the hotel
Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional well-being between the concierge and guests
– Car doors open to all guests arriving at the property and give a warm welcome
– Open the main door of the hotel and make sure all guests are received accordingly
– Assisting in loading and unloading luggage to and from guest cars
– Be aware of all hotel facilities, attractions and landmarks in the vicinity
– Ensures the smooth running of hotel entrance and corridor operations
– Ensures the cleanliness and management of the driveway
Supports and monitors activities in the aisle such as handling and keeping all incoming and outgoing baggage safely
Maintains communication channels with all departments of the hotel
Willing to assume all roles and functions of the Concierge team
Assists the functions of other hotel departments when needed
Maintain stock levels and general maintenance of equipment and operating supplies
Maintaining standards of personal hygiene and ensuring discipline and efficiency of duties
Training and coordination with supporting departments
– Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions the needs and wants of guests and orchestrates unique experiences
– Ensures that standards of service and individual performance are aligned with Accor’s values - guest passion, trust, sustainable performance, spirit of conquest, innovation and respect.
Ensures that guests receive the experience as detailed in the brand’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), the local Raffles Doha Standard Operating Procedures (LSOP) as well as the 5-star Forbes Quality Assurance (LQA) standards / Aims to achieve the results and objectives set by before administration
– Performs any special duties and projects as requested by management, whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
– Report any suspicious behavior by guests and employees to managers and security
Follows the hotel’s emergency evacuation policy
Character traits required for the role
Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a second language
Manages all guest/team member needs with the same motivation
– Attention to detail and friendly demeanor to all guests and team members
Compose under pressure, make rational decisions to resolve situations, and are delivered with a degree of professionalism
Self-motivated approach to carrying out assigned responsibilities
– Ensures the security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information in accordance with the company/state data security law
High level of integrity, enthusiasm and dedication to continuous improvement
Embraces change and open-mindedness in a dynamic work environment
Has the understanding and culture of Middle Eastern customers
Has an understanding of the key stakeholders in the luxury travel space
A caring employer that provides respect, training and career development to our employees. Attractive employer offering over 100 careers across five continents.
We are much more than a global leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers and have the same passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests at our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As operator, franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energies in making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the best hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the world, more than 20 AccorHotels brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers looking for comfort, attention and quality service.