About the role:
Think bigger. Think higher. Think about laying the foundation stone. Join WSP, and you will be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, working on community transformation projects for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Cost Manager for a major PMC project in Saudi Arabia.
A normal week includes:
* Evaluate and analyze fee proposals / bids and make a recommendation for decision making
* Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
* Maintain and manage cost report and provide regular updates on financial status
*Assist in developing, validating and maintaining project schedule
* Assist in developing reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on a regular basis including earned value assessment
* Support the coordination of the change management process for the project
* Develop cost plans and estimates during the design phase, and submit updated cost plans at appropriate design phases.
* Provides commercial input to the design of design options and input into value engineering exercises.
* Review contractor and subcontractor rates and lead negotiations on behalf of the client to pay fair contract prices.
* Carry out quantity survey, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project life cycle.
* Ensure that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
* Ensure that cost audit and evaluation work is managed effectively and that a robust cost validation process is in place.
* Produce monthly cost reports to be presented to the client.
* Ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed upon in a timely manner.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying, Western qualification is preferred.
* Not less than 20 years of experience after graduation
* Pre-contract experience during the initial conceptual master planning phase of projects
* Extensive experience with consulting
* Previous experience in project management
* Hands-on experience estimating cost of capital in a Lead Estimator role
* Good knowledge of design process and construction methodologies
What if we could?
What if we could achieve a work-life balance? What if we were rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we were accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
In addition to rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical coverage, generous annual leave days, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be You, Be Happy – We strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can make to WSP. We understand the benefits that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the basic criteria.
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services consulting firms. We are committed to our local communities and driven by an international mindset. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, software and construction management professionals. We design durable solutions in the real estate and buildings, transportation and infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining and oil and gas) and power and energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic advisory services. With 36,000 talented people in over 500 offices in 40 countries, we design projects that will help communities grow for life.