We are WSP – Join us and get your career future ready!
Think bigger. Think of a higher position. Think about laying the foundation stone. Join WSP, and you will be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on community transformation projects for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Civil Inspector with over ten years of experience in the overall responsibility of supervising, coordinating construction, inspection, testing and commissioning of the project with a particular focus on meeting contract requirements regarding time, quality and cost during construction phase of resort, hotel, mall, high-rise buildings, etc.
Your new role, what is your role?
* To arrange, chair and record meetings, starting with the inaugural meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings deemed necessary
* To establish procedures for inspection, testing and commissioning approvals in accordance with contract requirements
* Examine construction work on site and submit non-conformance reports to highlight deviations in relation to contractual requirements.
* Endorses work performed by EPC contractor on behalf of client and jointly signs MCC, CCC, etc.
* Review contractor’s HSE plan and ensure site safety procedures are followed
* Review and comment on contractor programs to ensure they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with contract requirements, allocated resources and cash flows
* Review contractor’s construction related ITPs, method statements and material submissions as per contract requirements.
* Monitor contractors’ progress during construction and regularly evaluate production
* Implement the requirements of the quality management system and conduct regular audits
* Ensuring the contractor’s communications with the service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programs and regular follow-up
* Assist the site manager on the day of activities including planning, monitoring and supervision activities as detailed by him from time to time.
*Work closely with the back office team to highlight deviations/priority issues and provide a prompt resolution to the client.
* To prepare material completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* Commit to the WSP way of working to foster a culture of a safe and vibrant work culture while at the same time adhering to the WSP Ethics and Code of Conduct policies.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 7 years of work experience with similar ability.
* At least 4 years of experience in project construction and development
* Possess detailed knowledge of inspections, post-contract supervision role, and responsibilities related to reviewing contractor’s shop drawings, submissions, and site inspection procedures
* Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent relationships with clients through interdisciplinary communication and coordination skills
What’s in it for you?
What if we had a work-life balance? What if we were rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we were accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP understands that work is only one part of our lives and that making time for other things in our lives is important – whether it’s our families, friends, or ourselves. So if you work from home, work part time or have a flexible start and end time that will help, let us know as part of your application.
In addition to rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical coverage and paid professional subscriptions.
Be You, Be Happy – We strive for a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can make to WSP. We understand the benefits that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the basic criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services consulting firms. We are committed to our local communities and driven by an international mindset. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, software and construction management professionals. We design durable solutions in the real estate, buildings, transportation, infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining and oil and gas), power and energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic advisory services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices in 40 countries, we design projects that will help communities grow for life.