Our client is a Qatar based private equity fund focused on African investments. They are optimists on the African continent and are looking to hire a Director (equivalent to a Vice President) who will define their belief in the potential on the African continent.
Our client is a private equity fund with very experienced investment bankers, who have extensive experience in making African deals and have worked in global financial centres. They place a high degree of importance on digital ability, initiative, willingness and ability to take on work and projects.
The role represents an opportunity to join a private equity fund in Qatar that has access to capital and targets the underserved African continent. It provides the opportunity for more deal-making experience and advancement within private ownership. The Vice President (Manager) will take primary ownership of dealmaking (support/lead creation, lead execution, aggressively involved in portfolio management and prepare for strategic exit, along with being involved in fundraising for the next fund) and secondary involvement in managing analysts thus driving execution, portfolio management and exit readiness .
The ideal candidate will currently be an investment professional – they will have previous experience in massive investment banking, and have moved into a private equity or corporate investment role across port/airport infrastructure in recent years. Qualitatively speaking, they will align with their belief and passion for African markets, and will be enthusiastic about a progressive career within the company.
The manager will:
* Analyze investment opportunities against investment criteria and evaluate key drivers and business assumptions
* Leads diligence in financial modeling of structures and returns on investment opportunities
* Lead commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, and assist the team in managing and reviewing third party due diligence work (eg financial and legal)
* Leading preparation of debt financing materials and syndications
* Supervising the preparation of the investment note for review by the Investment Committee
* Develop own business knowledge and understanding of how value is created within the business
* Contribute to the search for new investment opportunities
* Leading the team in structuring and managing exits
Excellent transaction exposure, global competitive pay, and job
* You will have a total of 7-12 years of relevant work experience – this will be most recently on the buy side either in a PE or in a corporate development role with previous experience in Boge Bracket Investment Banking as an added advantage
* You will need experience dealing in the infrastructure sector especially in the field of transportation (ports/airports). The mentioned experience will include investments through exits.
* Experience in PPP / MLM is required in conjunction with the above
* You will remain familiar with financial modeling – discounted cash flow models, merger and acquisition models, cumulative dilution analysis, comparative analysis and other forms of valuation along with waterfall fee structures (which means advanced Excel skills).
* You will have an excellent academic record from first-class institutions; Will be degree-qualified and preferably MBA/Certified Financial Analyst
* Preferably a strong English communicator; French an added advantage (due to exposure to French speaking countries)
* Will have excellent communication and presentation skills – ability to present points of view clearly and concisely
* Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills
* You will continue to have a passion for working in private equity and the drive to advance with the company
* Have a commendable work ethic – ability to work independently and as part of a team
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consulting firms, specializing in the recruitment of candidates for permanent, contractual, temporary and temporary positions with clients around the world.
The group has operations in the United Kingdom, continental Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the following areas:
Finance and Accounting Banking and Finance Procurement Property Engineering, Construction and Supply Chain Oil and Gas Technology and Engineering Human Resources Sales Technology Marketing Secretarial Legal Executive Search
The group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs more than 5,000 employees worldwide.