Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when answering guest phone calls will prove that you are a truly professional. As a telephone operator, effective and engaging communication is key when speaking to colleagues and guests.
Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor is a newly opened 5-star hotel, located on Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamor and jet-set lifestyle of the gorgeous white sands and Art Deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, the iconic Dubai skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide a luxurious experience on Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 rooms and suites and 3 food drinks outlets with creative and unique concepts. In addition, the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small company meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and customized social events on the beach and poolside.
Summary of responsibilities:
– Providing consistently professional, friendly and engaging service
– Process all external and internal calls and emails either by forwarding calls/emails or assisting the caller/sender.
– Instant response to phone calls and emails, addressing callers and senders in a clear, friendly and gentle tone of voice.
– Obtaining ownership of the caller’s request and ensuring that it is followed up according to the hotel’s standards
Have adequate working knowledge of all departments, particularly housekeeping, front office and engineering.
Act as dispatcher through the Royal Service for security, guest services and other colleagues in operations.
Update service requests and work orders and send them to the correct department.
Maintain and monitor the “Royal Service” software system and ensure that all services provided in the Royal Service are always available and efficiently implemented.
Responsible use of all available systems including PMS (Property Management System), telephone system, royal service, fax, etc.
Maintain maintenance of all phones and related equipment within the switchboard to ensure maximum efficiency.
– Maintain confidentiality of information.
– Copy complete messages and repeat information to check accuracy. Enter and retrieve messages from/to the computer. Ensure that messages that are conveyed are forwarded to and received by guests.
Provides time and information to respond to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing issues, housekeeping requests, etc. Check with the guests, after a predetermined period of time, whether the order has been delivered. Follow-ups are approved for the appropriate channels.
– Receive wake-up calls requests from guests, repeat the information back to the caller as it is taken, accurate and fast registration / entry information. Deliver wake-up calls at the required time.
Acting as a liaison to guests requesting information regarding all aspects of the hotel, such as: food and beverage promotions, reservations, meeting rooms, etc.
– Receives restaurant reservation requests with all required information and logs them into the table management system.
Maintaining communication with guests regarding lost and found items.
Creating conveniences in order for efficient delivery and reciprocal freight.
Full knowledge of hotel emergency procedures. Remain calm and polite during emergencies and/or heavy hotel activity.
Promote and lead a results-driven work environment.
Follow management policies, procedures and service standards.
Follow all safety policies and promote a safe work environment.
Other duties identified.
– Previous customer related experience is an asset.
Must possess outstanding guest service skills and well-developed verbal communication skills.
Computer knowledge in Microsoft Windows applications is required. Knowledge of Opera’s property management system is an asset.
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
– Highly organized, responsible and reliable.
– Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to work cohesively with colleagues as part of a team.
The ability to focus attention on the guest’s needs, and remain calm and polite at all times.
– Fluency in English and a secondary language preferred.
You must have the ability to handle many tasks and guest requests.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are much more than a global leader. We welcome you as you are and can find a job and a brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that the work brings you purpose in your life, so that during your journey with us you can continue to explore the limitless possibilities of Accor.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write, and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care about the world, dare to challenge the status quo! # no limits
A caring employer offering respect, training and career development to our employees. Attractive employer offering over 100 careers across five continents.
We are much more than a global leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers and have the same passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests at our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As operator, franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energies in making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the best hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the world, more than 20 AccorHotels brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers looking for comfort, attention and quality service.