Coordinate all aspects of refinery energy management, and provide technical support to operating departments and other key departments within the refinery. Candidates must have detailed knowledge of energy use and conservation within the process plant environment, including fuel gas and steam systems. Specific knowledge in oil refining is preferred. Applicants must have a proven track record of monitoring performance and optimizing power systems, including troubleshooting, performing performance tests, on-site field checks, and preparing performance reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
Successful candidates will have:
• At least BA or BS in Chemical Engineering from a recognized university.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of working experience within a process plant environment with at least three (3) years as an Engineer/Leader for Energy Conservation/Efficiency.
• Sound understanding of utility facilities, including fuel gas system, steam and water systems. Specific knowledge in oil refining is preferred.
• Expert knowledge on energy use and conservation within a process plant environment. Specific knowledge in oil refining is preferred.
• Expert working knowledge of Visual-MESA.
• Expert knowledge of ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
• Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and orientation skills, ability to influence and obtain support from various technical teams within the refinery.
Successful candidates will also be:
• A sophisticated critical thinker, with excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Self-motivated, creative and able to exercise initiative.
• Able to organize, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Able to mentor and inspire younger and less experienced process engineers.
• Able to train others working for him.
• Skilled in using MS Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in an engineering technical services environment.
• Preferably an Energy Best Practice Champions, Registered Energy Consultant or Energy Auditor.
Created in 2003 by experienced technical engineers and recruiters, VHR offers a partner-oriented approach. We are passionate about the industries we work in, and support the advancement of the career path we offer and the people we work with.
Whether it is a single permanent job vacancy or a team of contract professionals, VHR strives to provide the best possible recruitment solutions.
As a recruitment firm, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.