Trade compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions meet legal requirements to provide complete and accurate export and import declarations to local customs and other government authorities for international shipments. Global Trade Compliance (GTC) The Global Trade Consultant are responsible for the procedures for assigning and reporting correct and accurate import and export classifications, customs values, and country or origin. These data elements are used by local customs, tax or other government authorities to determine, among other things, the duty rate, the amount of duties and taxes, and the ability to export/accept a shipment. Consequences of inaccurate statements include delays, underpayment or overpayment of duties and taxes, fines or penalties, confiscation, and revocation of import or export privileges. Trade Compliance provides Amazon.com’s ASIN import and export rating by ensuring that Amazon Inc complies with the laws and regulations of the countries in which it does business, import, export, trade, customs and other relevant agencies. .
As a Senior Compliance Assistant, you will have multiple opportunities to develop your job experience and provide the independence to make decisions, implement ideas, and measure results. We firmly believe in learning on the job, and from day one, you’ll be on the right track to becoming an expert in the field. You will join a member of the Trade Compliance team and review export restrictions for a country or economic bloc, to ensure that Amazon complies with international trade and customs regulations.
Your job responsibilities as a commercial compliance specialist may include
• Classify products based on SOP within the mission metrics: quality, productivity, and service level agreement.
• Manual ASIN classification using HTS / ECCN codes based on business requirements
• Follow SOP and instructions provided by managers
• Writing rules for automatically classifying ASIN using HTS / ECCN codes based on detail page / CSI page information
• Create the defined market fundamentals as an input reference for the rulebook
• Provide process improvement ideas to improve process efficiency, quality and customer experience
• Analyze and identify patterns in large data sets.
• Respond to stakeholders with guidance and notify any updates to the lead/manager
• Improve and standardize global commerce processes and best practices within Amazon’s internal businesses.
• 3-5 years of experience in HTS & ECCN classification, with solid knowledge in import and export regulations, Free Trade Agreements (FTA), country of origin (COO) and customs clearance knowledge
• Impeccable proficiency in both Arabic and English, both written and oral.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other office applications
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to attend assigned office hours as required, meetings with colleagues from different time zones, and handle work-related emergencies promptly as they occur, which can include assigned weekends or work in different shifts.
• Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Fluent in a third language: German, French, Turkish, Spanish
• experience in:
• E-commerce or retail industry
• Leveraging technology to drive process improvements.
• Managing regulatory compliance with government agencies.
• Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.
• Tableau & SQL
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English and Arabic e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com confirmed that it would acquire Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.