Warsaw, May 30 (BUS): Robert Lewandowski’s time at Bayern Munich appears to be over, according to the Associated Press.
The Polish striker, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona, said at his country’s national team training camp on Monday that a move would be the best result for all parties.
“As of now, my story with Bayern Munich is definitely over and I cannot imagine further cooperation with the club after what happened in recent months. I think the transfer will be the best for both parties,” said Lewandowski, who has a contract with the Bavarian club for another season. “.
“I think Bayern Munich won’t stop me (by force) just because they have the chance.”
Lewandowski was speaking in Warsaw before Poland’s Nations League match against Wales.
The 33-year-old striker previously told Polish channel Eleven Sports that it will be “difficult to know if I will continue to play for Bayern next season”.
Lewandowski’s agent, Beni Zahavi, and Barcelona have reportedly agreed to a three-year deal, but Bayern have been firm in their position that the player is not for sale.
Lewandowski’s latest comments – his strongest yet – are unlikely to be well received in Munich, where Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic and chief executive Oliver Kahn have said he will honor his contract.
Lewandowski scored 312 goals in 384 Bundesliga matches with Bayern Munich and former club Borussia Dortmund.
He scored 35 goals in 34 league matches last season, becoming the Bundesliga’s top scorer for the fifth consecutive season and the seventh time overall.
Lewandowski broke the old record for Bundesliga goals in a single season with 41 goals last year.