Regional Office Services – Project / Office Manager – Jordan
Internal company services
do not apply
IFS – Internal Corporate Services – Other
Job description and summary
Responsible for the smooth running of local office operations, including administrative support, material supplies and front desk staff, under the guidelines established by the Cluster Office Manager. In addition, it acts as the main link between the front office staff (LoS) and the back office (support functions) to direct services and facilities.
Ensures smooth office workflow by coordinating administrative support in an efficient and effective manner and arranging consumables and supplies.
In some countries, he is responsible for the quality, resourcing, structure, cost-effectiveness, and management of office executive assistance.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
Fit-Out Project Management
Under the direction of the Renewable Energy team, manage projects within established scope, schedule and budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards.
Responsible in coordination with the Renewable Energy team and other company departments for project planning including scope, procurement, design, connectivity, cost, time, risk, shutdown, etc.
Ensure that health and safety procedures are strictly followed on site.
Representing the Jordan office in all project meetings.
– Checking the technical side of quotations received from vendors.
– Coordination between client, site, subcontractors and suppliers. Negotiate prices with subcontractors, suppliers and various project stakeholders.
Auditing invoices from vendors, contractors and subcontractors based on work performed on site.
Pre-plan and organize resources for assigned location through daily preparation of work schedule.
– Monitoring the quality of work performed on the site.
– Implementation of the rules, regulations and procedures on the site.
– Liaising with the competent regulatory authorities to inspect and comment on the completed preparation work for the issuance of the occupancy certificate.
Monitor and evaluate the skills, attitudes, attendance etc. of the workforce on a monthly basis to improve their performance on site.
– Liquidation and delivery project
In line with Procurement Guidelines, work with Finance and Procurement in connection with the provision of office needs including supplies, consumables, stationery, office machinery, shredding, cleaning, temporary agencies and related service agreements
Liaise with procurement in relation to requests for proposals on wider office purchases
Manage the relationship with external vendors, and develop and maintain vendor portfolio. Review LPOs issued to vendors, and follow up on financing for payments.
Coordinate local internal events such as office events with close liaison with the cluster office manager while adhering to budget
– Propose cost-saving solutions as appropriate
– Assist in preparing the office budget. Adhering to the budget allocated to the office services function
Manage the provision of meeting room services – reservations, catering, and equipment, such as audio-visual equipment.
Support the development of policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed by the team
Work towards being a high quality in-house service provider and ensuring that all administrative support requirements are met
Facilitate the new recruitment process on board by coordinating induction and other matters with HR
Coordinate with HC/IT (as applicable) to ensure smooth facility handover of new hires and departures
– Dealing with special issues and reporting them as soon as they arise
Acting as an interface between administrative staff and management
– Review LPOs issued to vendors, and follow up on financing for payment
– Managing the relationship with the building management / owner. Proceed to pay the relevant rent on time
Provide effective internal administrative services including courier, postal, auto, limousine services, office supplies, etc.
Work closely with the BR team to ensure adherence to BR policies regarding security, fire control and emergencies
Coordinate the distribution of work between office support staff and office management staff and arrange the necessary coverage
– Introducing new processes or improving existing ones to improve the quality of office services
– Management of hotels and office allocations for the office
Ensure all purchases are brand compliant, either by liaising with the Brand Champion or appointing someone in the office management team as the Brand Champion
Ensure that a positive, well-maintained work environment is provided to employees
– Manage EA allocations to monitor total capacity and coordinate with Business Process Department to better optimize EA allocation
learning and growth
– Training, preparing direct reports, supervising the tasks assigned to them and dealing with any issues that arise
– Appointment and preparation of administrative staff for the new offices
Training of new office staff
Coordinate with other departments (eg HC, Finance, IT, etc.) to obtain expert advisors
Acting as a Personnel Manager for direct reports
Act as a primary resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills and abilities
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Interior Design is preferred
– Fluency in spoken and written English, fluency in Arabic is an advantage
7+ years of experience providing office services in a professional services environment or equivalent in-house experience
– More than 3 years in the implementation of the fit-out work, whether in a design company or a renewable energy consulting company
Commercially intelligent, calculating, risk-averse and able to accurately forecast project requirements.
– Able to work well within a team environment.
Manage and produce accurate official reports according to business schedule
Self-motivated and energetic multi-tasking team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
Have good practical organizational skills, resource planning and program scheduling.
– Literate IT, able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, working knowledge of AutoCAD
Experience with a professional service company is preferred
Previous experience in people management/team leadership
Knowledge and skills
Practical and objective approach to problem solving and the ability to multitask
Demonstrate strong organizational skills, work regularly on their own, highlight issues and suggest possible solutions
Strong interpersonal and advisory skills in order to consult and build strong, credible relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
Strong administrative presence with customer focus and ability to manage a team to deliver a high level of service
Strong coaching and mentoring skills
Excellent oral and written communication
Demonstrates sensitivity with the ability to negotiate effectively and influence others when required
Seeks and applies knowledge and skills, continually striving to improve the role. Advocate best practices in this regard for others.
This role requires an effective team player capable of promoting and demonstrating the work of one company and one team, and contributing to the goals and objectives of the office management function.
Must possess a strong customer service focus for both internal and external clients. Defending best practices in this regard and proving the role
You will need to keep abreast of best office management practices, and changes in systems policies and procedures
Must be flexible and able to work with change and adapt as appropriate and encourage others to do so
Ability to work accurately under time constraints and high quality standards
Knowledge of all relevant local legislation and regulations including contractors
– Familiarity with the company’s supplier contracts
Estimation skills and ability to maintain confidentiality of data
Available to sponsor a work visa?
Government permit required?
PwC companies help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for.
We are a network of companies in 158 countries with approximately 169,000 people committed to providing quality assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which the member companies of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these companies make up the global PwC network.
In the three main areas of business or service assurance lines, tax and consultancy, we work with our clients from start-ups to the world’s leading organizations to measure, protect and promote the things that matter most to them.
We help our people learn, discover, develop and make a real difference throughout their working lives. We have great ambitions for growth.
The Middle East region of PwC is part of what we call the central bloc and includes the United Kingdom, Europe, Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
Established in the region over 40 years ago, PwC already employs over 4,500 people and is well on its way to becoming the number one professional services company in the Middle East.