The school’s receptionist is the first impression of Al Shumoukh International School and an important point of contact. The school receptionist is the first person students, families and visitors see when they enter Al Shomookh International School. Job duties mainly deal with effective and efficient communication but also include; Appropriate telephone skills, email etiquette, interpersonal skills, secretarial support, record keeping, meeting scheduling, and facilitating communication between student families and staff.
The school receptionist must report to the head of the administration.
Main areas of responsibility
• Welcoming visitors according to the procedures for visitors to Al-Shumukh International Schools.
• Ensure that unauthorized personnel do not have access to Al Shomookh International School.
• Assisting visiting parents with areas of query and concern.
• Assist students with any queries or concerns.
• Answer the phone in a professional manner.
• Distribute messages as required.
• Advise callers seeking information regarding school activities and the school day.
• Liaise with school caretakers as required regarding delivery to school.
• Prepare documents when necessary using Word and Excel.
• perform other duties as required; Administrative tasks of leadership team members or faculty members.
• Contacting parents if requested by the head of the department.
• Submit all required documents when there is a fire drill.
• Scheduling parental appointments with staff in a timely manner.
• Follow up on parents’ requests with the concerned department.
• Providing early leave vouchers to students.
• Ensure that only visitors and parents remain in the reception area.
• Turn on the TV every day.
• Send an email to the concerned department for any request or complaints…
• Make sure the reception area is in top condition.
• Omani preferred
• Experience is not essential but preferred
• Good looking and ready to work under pressure
• Able to work in multinational environments
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• At least a Bachelor’s degree
Al Shomookh International School (SIS) is a new global K-12 school in Muscat. The school was opened by Global Education Services (GES) for the 2015/2016 academic year in Al Hail.
A new school has been established and, in addition to the international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the distinguished international schools in Muscat. It will attract students from both the local Omani community and the expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with a first-class educational experience.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as a medium of instruction. Classes have a maximum of 25 students.