Project Engineer to manage all engineering requirements as per relevant scope requirements, ensuring that all statutory approvals and guidelines/consultants/local authorities are adhered to and that all procurement/materials/materials submissions are in line with general contract requirements and Drafting and engineering resources/management are provided. Sound understanding and implementation of Oracle/Procore systems as it applies to individual departments
Basic job functions
• Ensure adherence to all contract specifications and guidelines at all times during project start/construct/handover periods.
• Ensure that materials submitted with relevant consultants’ requirements have been issued in a form indicating compliance with specifications and country of origin. A record must be set and kept at all times.
• Ensure that all method statements and risk assessments are in line with Company HSE/QA-QC procedures and fit the requirements of appointed consultants. This information must also be recorded on a usable platform. Ensure that all compliance statements, testing, commissioning, spare parts, warranties and delivery period requirements are upheld at all times.
• Manage procurement schedule / long lead item along with line managers indicating delivery dates and delivery status of materials / pending materials and follow up on delivery dates while recording any issues that may affect program delivery.
• Control the publication of contractual documents (drawings/contracts/specifications) – Drawings and usable information must be released to relevant site team members so that they can carry out works in accordance with specifications and contract requirements within the program timeframe. Business scope changes must be communicated to the commercial team immediately.
• Manage the on-site drafting team and ensure that all drawings are checked and signed before being issued to the relevant consultants – a weekly log of drafting outputs must be kept with a look ahead for a period of four weeks and the drawing submitted at all times. Information and engineering coordinated with Marine Drafting teams must be accurate and detailed.
• Value engineering and planning must be applied to all aspects of the contract, and you will be required to produce/send a VE document during the review. You will also be expected to perform/manage full material take-offs and issue related measurements in conjunction with SE & CM and confirm adherence to compliance requirements at all times.
• Ensure that all design, engineering and installation details are checked for compliance, usability and function and are in line with the general design specifications and requirements. Ensure that test and commissioning requirements, spare parts requirements, warranty and defect liability periods are recorded and agreed upon with relevant suppliers prior to PR and LPO release
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a project engineer
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD
• Knowledge of applicable laws, policies, standards and best practices.
• Good in communication and project correspondence skills
Created in 2003 by experienced technical engineers and recruiters, VHR offers a partner-oriented approach. We are passionate about the industries we work in, and support the advancement of the career path we offer and the people we work with.
Whether it is a single permanent job vacancy or a team of contract professionals, VHR strives to provide the best possible recruitment solutions.
As a recruitment firm, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.