Operating in select sectors and demand-driven markets within the Gulf region, the company’s mission is to be the leading Bahrain-based trading and services group. The company strives to provide high quality products and services to ensure the commercial success of all its clients.
They are currently looking for a Procurement and Administration Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and work ethics rules and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department at all times and for delegating work.
• Responsible for executing foreign purchases.
• Coordination of implementation of approved budgets.
• Liaise with key company employees to determine their needs for products and services.
• Monitor business trends and product availability to drive the best prices for the company’s goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
• Take care of relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the company.
• Identify and research potential new suppliers.
• Searching for new products and services to achieve company goals.
• Develop and implement strategies for purchasing, storing and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
• Ensure that all products and services purchased are adequate.
• Maintain all procurement contracts and agreements.
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services including suppliers.
• Evaluate the total costs of the company’s purchases.
• Develop monthly purchasing reports.
• Regular meeting with management regarding performance.
• Studying current and new legislation related to purchasing certain products and services from local and/or foreign suppliers.
• Supervising the daily operations of the administrative department (office/reception) and staff.
• Assigning, training, and evaluating staff and taking corrective action when necessary.
• Develop, review and improve administrative systems, policies and procedures.
• Monitors and purchases supplies for the office, reception, mail room, and kitchen.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Management or any related field.
• Proven work experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement.
• The candidate must be based in Ba and have good experience in Bahrain markets.
• One to two years of experience as an Administrative Manager.
• Knowledge of purchasing sources and techniques as well as proficiency in ‘reading’ the market.
• Talent in negotiations and communication.
• Good knowledge of the supplier.
• Ability to make decisions and work with numbers.
• Experience in data collection and analysis.
• Strong leadership capabilities.
Propel Consult offers a service in line with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of employment stems from our sincere belief in providing professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading local and multinational organizations across the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. The concentration of our resources has resulted in the creation of 5 distinct specialized divisions:
- Banking and Financial Services
- oil and gas