Manama, June 12 (BNA): His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, chaired today the weekly cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet stressed the importance of the official meeting held between His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei Darussalam, and welcomed the successful visit of the Sultan of Brunei to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
His Highness directed the ministers to ensure the implementation of signed memorandums of understanding and agreements in order to enhance bilateral cooperation.
The Cabinet congratulated His Majesty the King and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Prime Minister, and His Highness Lieutenant General Shaikh Isa bin Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, on the success of His Highness. Completed the Joint Command and Staff course at the United States Marine Corps University in Virginia, USA. The Cabinet also congratulated the Bahraini officers who graduated from the course, wishing them continued success.
His Highness expressed his gratitude for His Majesty the King’s commitment to developing the skills and capabilities of the Kingdom’s citizens. His Highness, the Crown Prince, the Prime Minister, thanked Their Highnesses and Excellencies members of the royal family, ministers, officials and the people of Bahrain for their congratulations on this occasion.
The Cabinet reviewed the evaluation of the experimental phase of the government land development program, and confirmed the feasibility of the program’s objectives by providing units at reasonable prices for the beneficiaries of the newly developed financing programs.
His Royal Highness directed the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning to expand the program and implement eight additional projects in partnership with the private sector during the period 2023-2024.
His Highness also directed the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning to hold events and exhibitions that spread awareness of housing financing services and programmes.
The Cabinet strongly condemned the storming and vandalism of its embassy and the residence of the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Bahrain in Khartoum, Republic of Sudan. The Council of Ministers considered this act a serious violation of the rules of international law and diplomatic agreements.
The Cabinet stressed the need to stop acts of violence and vandalism in Sudan and to provide full protection for the headquarters of diplomatic missions and civilian facilities.
During the meeting, the Cabinet discussed several memorandums approving the following:
1- A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Development and Infrastructure Projects regarding the launch of 5 new electronic services on the urban planning platform “Takhit” within the framework of initiatives to re-engineer and digitize urban planning services to facilitate procedures for citizens and individuals. investors.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding a draft decision to amend several provisions of the decision to purchase additional hypothetical years of service to the actual number of years of service for public sector employees.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding the Kingdom of Bahrain’s contribution to and participation in international organizations.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a memorandum of understanding between the General Authority for Sports in the Kingdom and the Ministry of Sports of the Republic of Serbia to enhance cooperation and exchange of experiences in the sports sector.
5. A memorandum from the Minister of Municipalities Affairs and Agriculture regarding owning real estate for public use to provide the necessary spaces for urban development.
6. A memorandum by His Excellency the Minister of Works regarding the second phase of the National Assembly project.
7. The memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s response to four proposals submitted by the House of Representatives.
Finally, the Cabinet referred to the following ministerial reports:
1. The official visit of the Secretary of the Interior to the United States of America
2. Participation in the thirty-fifth ministerial meeting of OPEC and independent producers
3. Participation in the Second Ministerial Conference for Social Development
4 – Participation in the start of the electrical interconnection project between the Interconnection Authority of the Gulf Cooperation Council and the Republic of Iraq.
5 – Participation in the second session of the United Nations Habitat Assembly
6. Participation in the ceremony of the sixth session of the Khalifa Award for Education in the country
7. Educational operations for the end of the second semester of the academic year 2022-2023
#HRH #Crown #Prince #Prime #Minister #chairs #weekly #Cabinet #Meeting