Manama, June 26 (BNA): His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, chaired today the weekly cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
On the occasion of the blessed Eid Al-Adha, the Cabinet expressed its best wishes to His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, the people of Bahrain and the Arab and Islamic countries.
In celebration of the International Day for Combating Drugs and Illicit Trafficking, the Cabinet praised the efforts of the Ministry of Interior and other concerned authorities, for their contribution to combating drug abuse and raising awareness of its dangers.
The Cabinet then welcomed the designation of Manama as the “Arab Media Capital” for the year 2024 by the Council of Arab Information Ministers. In this regard, the Cabinet indicated that the designation follows the efforts of the Kingdom of Bahrain and its commitment to strengthening and developing the media sector by creating an inspiring atmosphere conducive to creativity.
The Council of Ministers continued to implement His Highness’s directives by holding awareness-raising events and exhibitions on housing financing services and programs for Bahraini citizens. The Cabinet reviewed the memorandum of the Minister of Housing and Urban Planning, detailing the results of the recently concluded second edition of the Housing Finance Exhibition, which identified a boom in bookings for the “Es’hail Housing Project”, down to the booking rate. 93%.
The Cabinet expressed its gratitude to the private sector and real estate developers for their role in partnering with the government to provide innovative housing solutions to citizens.
The Cabinet stressed the importance of maintaining stability in the Russian Federation in order to preserve global security and safety.
After that, the Council of Ministers agreed to amend the frequency of cabinet meetings during the months of July and August to be every two weeks.
During the meeting, the Cabinet discussed several memorandums approving the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Government Executive Committee regarding the National Labor Market Plan 2023-2026, which aims to create promising job opportunities for Bahraini citizens, and ensure that they remain a top priority in the labor market. The plan also aims to align the outputs of higher education with the requirements of the labor market, enhance private sector contributions to the labor market, stimulate investment growth in the Kingdom to generate more quality opportunities for citizens and strengthen supervisory and regulatory measures.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Governmental Executive Committee regarding documentation services in the Kingdom’s diplomatic missions abroad. This step aims to further improve the quality of electronic service, ensuring efficiency and productivity.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Supreme Council for Education and Training Development regarding the Education and Training Quality Authority’s strategy 2023-2026, which aims to enhance the positive impact of national education and training policies to achieve the Kingdom’s envisioned goals.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft law approving an agreement to encourage investment protection between the government of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the government of the Republic of Korea.
5- A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft decision to establish a national working group for population and information. The work team will monitor national indicators and information that reflect Bahrain’s statistics and demographic performance in global economic and social reports.
6. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a memorandum of understanding to grant the Kingdom of Bahrain the status of a dialogue partner in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
7. A memorandum submitted by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Education and Training Quality Authority regarding approving the authority’s reports.
8. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s response to four proposals submitted by the House of Representatives.
In conclusion, the Cabinet referred to the following ministerial reports:
1. The official visit of the Minister of Transport and Communications to the French Republic.
2. Results of the Kingdom of Bahrain’s participation in the G20 summit.
#HRH #Crown #Prince #Prime #Minister #chairs #weekly #Cabinet #Meeting