Our client is looking for an experienced Legal Secretary or Office Assistant to join their friendly regional practice market leading for their offices in Bahrain.
about the role
To provide competent secretarial and administrative support services to partners, managers, senior assistants and associates, to ensure the smooth running of work in the office and in front of the house.
• Operate the office keyboard and handle the duties of the reception
• Support the Practice Manager with general office operations
• Provide secondary support in the absence of other administrative staff, when required
• Build strong relationships, develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of customers and issues
• Extensive day-to-day management, using a special initiative to manage email accounts and develop and maintain systems to enhance efficiency
• Comprehensive mailbox management and archiving of paper/electronic copies
• Drafting, reviewing and coordinating all subject correspondence, engagement letters, documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
• Document printing, analysis, correction, modification (including tracking changes), and document formatting
• Prepare meeting notes (including writing oral dictation if necessary), notes and legal documents
• Preparing trial packages and documents for court sessions, assisting lawyers and witnesses in court and supervising remote hearings that take place inside offices
• Build strong relationships with business services teams and maintain effective and efficient use of business support services
• Assist in the preparation of bills or expenses related to the customer
• Opening a file, preparing client forms and handling documents from clients
• Ensure that all activities and duties comply with risks and compliance requirements
• Arranging, attending and contributing to team meetings and events
• Update and maintain the customer contact database
• Support the Practice Manager with the client onboarding, preparing relevant documents and running the initial screening
• Receive inquiries from clients and distribute them to the relevant lawyers, liaise with clients and follow up
• Enter, review and update time entries for all fee holders as necessary
• Manage and organize stationery stock, place order for office/store supplies as required Manage courier services to ensure smooth delivery of services
Skills and experience
• Good educational level. Secretarial qualification is desirable
• At least two years’ experience as a Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary or in a similar role from a regional law firm
• Experience working in a small team, but equally comfortable working independently on own initiative
• Familiar work in a fast-paced office environment with a high volume workload
• Experience in conflict resolution is desirable
Familiar with preparing court packages, filing, printing and hands-on operations
• Fast and accurate touch typing skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrate ability and experience in preparing legal documents
• A reliable yet flexible and good all-round legal office
A capable attitude and the ability to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Understand the nature of the job, which sometimes means you may have to work late
• High skills in Microsoft Office applications and time entry systems
• Previous experience using a MacBook is very helpful, especially MacMail
• Organized, efficient and able to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are useful but not necessary
• Excellent telephone method
• Good customer management skills
RecruitME is a professional recruitment consultancy that supplies top-notch business support staff to leading multinational organizations in Dubai. We carefully source, screen and select only the best candidates to help our clients make easier hiring decisions faster.
To differentiate ourselves from standard staffing agencies, our consultants have been carefully selected for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Since we were the client and candidate previously, we have an inside understanding of the hiring process and our clients’ needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support jobs, we can help provide a small pool of experienced management, finance, and human resource candidates with relevant experience to benefit your business. Our rigorous screening process ensures that we have met and can provide a brief overview of each candidate’s skills and current status prior to meeting them.
We pride ourselves on only sending our clients the best candidates available in the market to ensure a streamlined, hassle-free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.