The HR Assistant assists the HR Manager and Public Relations Officer by completing many different administrative tasks; Manage incoming job applications, schedule interviews, and assist existing employees with their inquiries. Although the HR assistant often works in the shadows, the role is important to ensure the success of the departments’ activities.
Main areas of responsibility
• Assist in the preparation of payroll by providing relevant data (absence, bonus, vacations, etc.).
• Support all internal and external inquiries or requests related to human resources.
• Provide employee data reports by collecting, preparing and analyzing data.
• Maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status change data in the school’s human resource database.
• Provide secretarial support by entering, coordinating and printing information, organizing work and answering the phone. Transfer of messages and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by maintaining confidentiality of human resource information.
• Maintain high quality of service by following regulatory standards.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
• Contribute to team efforts by achieving relevant results as needed.
• Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys, etc.) and keep detailed records.
• Facilitate employee requests regarding human resource issues and rules and regulations.
• Handle employee complaints and grievance procedures with the utmost care and respect.
• Make daily tours around the facility to ensure that all employees adhere to the dress code and do their job.
• Schedule meetings, interviews and HR events and maintain agendas.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Keeping abreast of the latest HR trends and best practices.
• View attendance on a daily basis and send emails to employees who violate attendance policies and procedures.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher diploma in a related field.
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Required to complete and pass training assessment
Al Shomookh International School (SIS) is a new global K-12 school in Muscat. The school was opened by Global Education Services (GES) for the 2015/2016 academic year in Al Hail.
A new school has been established and, in addition to the international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the distinguished international schools in Muscat. It will attract students from both the local Omani community and the expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with a first-class educational experience.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as a medium of instruction. Classes have a maximum of 25 students.