Position: HR Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Company: Qatar Industrial Manufacturing Company (QFAB)
Location: Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job summary and purpose
• Work closely with joint ventures and build relationships with them focusing on the mission and goals set by the company.
• Create alignment in joint venture companies between human resource services and business objectives.
• Act as a consultant particularly on issues related to joint venture strategy implementation and change, talent management, performance management, and people operations. Alignment between HR and its clients to solve any problems.
• Provide sound advice and support to joint venture leadership and executives on all personnel operations issues, including diagnosis of organizational challenges.
• Assist in identifying talent capabilities required in the joint venture to implement the organizational strategy.
• Work closely with management to improve working relationships, increase productivity and retention.
• Provides HR policy guidance to the joint venture leadership.
• Integrate appropriate and effective delivery of core HR services to the joint venture by assessing the effectiveness of human resources and recommending the optimal service delivery model for the joint venture.
• Conduct analysis of the behavioral and structural changes of the joint venture and provide advice and support to the joint venture NAKILAT in all aspects within the HR services.
• Directing joint venture leadership in delivering and sustaining institutional change initiatives.
• Provide support in establishing a business partnership mindset to promote change and improve human resource functions.
• Apply and further develop business acumen to ensure that HR initiatives contribute to enhancing business capacity and performance.
• Assist in defining, developing and delivering integrated solutions for human resources.
• Adhere to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world-class, safe and environmentally responsible service to clients, the general public and their members.
• Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures.
• Perform any other duties as directed by Principal HR Business Partnership.
• Maintain effective and ongoing communication with the joint venture to ensure alignments and business objectives are achieved and sustained
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or any other field. Certification from an accredited institution is a plus.
• 6-8 years of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
Qatar Gas Transport Company Limited (known as Nakilat, which means tankers in Arabic) is a Qatar-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine services to a large scale. A participant in the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral part of the supply chain for some of the world’s largest and most advanced energy projects being undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was incorporated in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by the founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest owner of LNG vessels in the world. Our fleet of vessels transports LNG produced from the Qatar North Field, the world’s largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the world’s total proven reserves, to global markets. These vessels, which have been ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for the safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.