La Cigale, the most impressive landmark adorning the Doha skyline, lives up to its reputation and brings new levels of comfort to the city’s hotels and leisure facilities.
What is it for you?
– The employee benefits card offers discounted rates at Accor around the world
Learning programs through our academies and the opportunity to obtain on-the-job qualifications
– An opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your real estate and around the world
– Ability to make a difference in the local community through CSR activities, such as Planet 21
What will you do:
Reporting to the director of the rooms department, the responsibilities and primary job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Supervising reception staff/guest service agents, assisting them with issues that may arise and ensuring that all tasks are completed as per standards
Ensure that employees take breaks according to the number of working hours
Ensure that there is adequate coverage for staff in the lobby and at the front desk / front desk at all times
Ensure that the entire front office and its surroundings including the lobby, concierge and reception/reception are consistently clean and tidy
To be fully qualified in all reception and teller duties
Cover all shifts if necessary
Cover room coordinator shifts if required
Liaise with other departments regarding special guest requirements (eg uniforms/guest services, florist, room service, in room dining)
Being present at the front desk/front desk whenever possible
– Deal quickly and effectively with any complaints
– Meet and greet VIPs
– Coordinating arrival and departure, monitoring waiting times, keeping guests informed and making sure they are as comfortable as possible
– Make a handover at the end of each shift while relieving employees and informing them of any special requirements or problems
Coordination with the housekeeping service regarding rooms that do not need housekeeping service if occupancy permits
– Contact a concierge to ensure baggage is dispatched and picked up quickly
– Follow up on late cancellation and non-attendance and collect fees when necessary
– Inform the receptionist / cashiers of new notes during delivery
Check next day arrival correspondence and confirm car, restaurant and theater reservations. Ensure that all guest needs are handled in a satisfactory manner
Coordinate with the room coordinator on all room assignments, ensuring effective communication with receptionists/guest service agents
Handling room movements, ensuring smooth communication with relevant departments
– Check potential room returns for any discrepancies and make necessary corrections
– Screen balancing (room types) for the next day
Maintain friendly and cooperative working relationships with all other departments
To be responsible for identifying any training needs of reception/front office staff and informing the Front Office Training Manager
– Make sure you have enough stock of all fixed items in storage
Attending any courses the administration deems useful
The Guest Relations Supervisor may be required to perform other duties, under the direction of the Assistant Front Office Manager
Your experience and skills include:
– At least one year supervisory experience in luxury hotels
– Fluent in English
– Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense and ever-changing environment while maintaining calm and group
Must be flexible in terms of working hours
Hospitality diploma is an asset
Knowledge of property management system and Windows, MS Office Suite an asset
Previous experience in customer service is an asset
– Proven ability to deal with criticism effectively and accurately
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion:
We are a comprehensive company and our ambition is to attract, hire and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are much more than a global leader. We welcome you as you are and can find a job and a brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that the work brings you purpose in your life, so that during your journey with us you can continue to explore the limitless possibilities of Accor.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write, and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, take care of the world; Dare to challenge the status quo! # no limits
A caring employer offering respect, training and career development to our employees. Attractive employer offering over 100 careers across five continents.
We are much more than a global leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers and have the same passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests at our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As operator, franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energies in making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the best hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the world, more than 20 AccorHotels brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers looking for comfort, attention and quality service.