Sofitel in the holy city of Medina in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
With the following requirements
Cost Controller – Sofitel Shahd City
We are looking for an experienced cost controller who will protect the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and reduce any exposure to potential risks. To audit, analyze and interpret all aspects of material handling effectively within the hotel. Summarize and report findings and suggestions for improvement on deficiencies. Providing departments with the information necessary to run their operations efficiently.
What is it like for you?
– The ALL Heartist Premium Card offers discounted rates at Accor around the world
Learning programs through our academies and the opportunity to obtain on-the-job qualifications
– An opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your real estate and around the world!
– Ability to make a difference in the local community through CSR activities, such as Planet 21
What will you do:
Providing an effective audit system for the activities of the Materials Management Department.
Provide a summary of the costs required by the various persons in the accounting and control department for the preparation of daily and monthly reports.
– Provide department heads with the cost figures needed to operate their individual profit center profitably –
– To compare details of quantities, unit costs, etc. in regular purchase orders with those in authorized purchase requisitions
To ensure that inventory items are stored and used in a controlled manner and in accordance with accounting principles
Analyze each cost and come up with a recommendation/alternatives for management.
– Check if the purchasing department buys the right products at the right price and from the right seller. Submit all notes on the purchasing department to the Finance Manager.
To check the accuracy of recipes for outlets and kitchens for the purpose of stock control and potential cost.
Monitor the receiving bay to ensure that the quality and quantity of goods received are in accordance with the specifications stipulated in the local purchase order
– The quality of food and beverages received to ensure their compliance with purchase specifications and inventory turnover
– Contacting the auditors of the accounts of the owner and operating companies.
– Inspecting the receiving spot to ensure that the receiving agent is performing their duties according to standard operating procedures
Experience and skills include:
– At least 4 years of experience in the same position
Familiar with the lady’s office and related accounting systems
Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management and/or Accounting or equivalent.
Knowledge of food and beverage products and point of sale system
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
Strong attention to detail, highly responsible, organized and reliable
Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team while setting and completing individual deadlines
The ability to focus attention on the guest’s needs, and remain calm and polite at all times
Your team and work environment:
The Sofitel Shahd Al Madinah enjoys a prominent location in the center of Medina, a short walk from the northern entrance to the Prophet’s Mosque. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in the Medina, two- and three-bedroom suites, three restaurants, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms, a fitness center with gym, standing out as a beacon of modern luxury and the French experience, blending the sense of The brand’s unique ambiance of life combined with the best of the local area.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion:
We are a comprehensive company and our ambition is to attract, hire and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are much more than a global leader. We welcome you as you are and can find a job and a brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that the work brings you purpose in your life, so that during your journey with us you can continue to explore the limitless possibilities of Accor.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write, and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, take care of the world; Dare to challenge the status quo! # no limits
A caring employer that provides respect, training and career development to our employees. Attractive employer offering over 100 careers across five continents.
We are much more than a global leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers and have the same passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests at our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As operator, franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energies in making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the best hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the world, more than 20 AccorHotels brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers looking for comfort, attention and quality service.