We are WSP – Join us and get your career future ready!
Think bigger. Think of a higher position. Think about laying the foundation stone. Join WSP, and you will be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on community transformation projects for all of us.
WSP Middle East is currently looking for a Commercial Director to be responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of the trade, contract and financial elements of the PMC Power Complex project.
Your new role, what is your role?
* Driving the overall compliance of the processes and procedures required for project delivery, identifying issues affecting compliance for successful delivery, and assisting in successful problem resolution.
* Oversee cost estimates and ways to review proposals for budget constraints and compliance
* Oversee current cost estimates and cash flow forecasts
* Oversee cost estimates with budgets for each project and master budget
* Deliver comprehensive, commercial and operational reports to the client
*Provide supervision and advice on contractual correspondence
*Provide supervision and advice on claims
* Provide on-site supervision and advice advice
* Provide oversight and advice on time extension
* Provide oversight and advice on payments
* Provide supervision and advice on changes and claims
* Provide supervision and advice on correspondence to the Tenders and Auctions Committee
* Provide direction and guidance on purchasing strategies
* Manage the tender process from issuance to award
* Providing advice and guidance on contracts and commercial matters
* Providing regional and global expertise to meet client needs
* Work collaboratively with peer clients to advise on compliance and agree on disputed matters
* Work collaboratively with the client in providing advice and support
* Interacts with regional and global corporate offices to support client specific needs and implement best practices
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying with an appropriate contractual, legal or commercial background or equivalent
* Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) is preferred.
* 20 years experience
* In-depth knowledge and experience of commercial management of complex projects at all stages of design, construction and project management
* Experience in theme park/power park PMC projects
* Construction experience in the Middle East is an added benefit, delivery experience in Saudi Arabia will be special
* Know the forms of the FIDIC contract
* Excellent written English for preparing contract notices, letters, change instructions, cost reports and communications
* Good negotiation skills to agree on contracts and disagreements with third parties
* Use and understand the financial control systems of the company and large projects
* Good attention to detail and ability to review payment requests, certificates and contracts prior to issuance
*Excellent Communication Skills
What’s in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services consulting firms. We are committed to our local communities and driven by an international mindset. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, software and construction management professionals. We design durable solutions in the real estate, buildings, transportation, infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining and oil and gas), power and energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic advisory services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices in 40 countries, we design projects that will help communities grow for life.