Amazon.com strives to be the most customer centric company on earth where people can find and discover just about anything online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, wide selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a global e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from a website to an e-commerce partner to a development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest tech minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the primary driver of customer fulfillment and service that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high potential, flexible, innovative and forward-thinking professionals to join the MENA Ops integration team. Are you ready to lead high-definition, revenue-generating strategic projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to drive operational improvement initiatives?
Join the Operations Integration team as an Area Manager. As an Area Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring multiple locations from an operations and compliance point of view. You will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely launches and operations metrics. With customer obsession and a high sense of ownership, you will use your skills to identify patterns and any disruptions in them. You need to be able to dive deep, scrutinize the details and predict the implications of the data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploying continuous improvement of network standards, in collaboration with MENA Process Owners, MENA ACES and local Operations Managers
• Monitor the operations of assigned sites and suggest and publish improvements
• Act as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders taking into account objectives, limitations, compatibility and information privacy
• Train & associate direct action and compliance with rules and practices
• Site audits for various operational conformances, constraints, and standards
• Perform audits based on standard operating procedures, analyze data and suggest process improvement initiatives
• Identify useful data accumulated from multiple sources and take necessary action
• Anticipate impacts based on current data and trends
Amazon is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering or Logistics (Operational Black Belts welcome)
• Previous experience in a similar process development role, ideally in a fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/manufacturing environment
• In depth distribution and fulfillment operations experience
• Excellent project management skills
• Demonstrate the ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross-functional organization
• Experience in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
• Advanced data analysis skills and expert in using supporting tools such as Minitab, JMP, MS Excel and MS Access
• Ability to modify dashboard/queries and write SQL queries on a custom basis
• Ability to travel frequently for field visits throughout Egypt and Saudi Arabia (50% travel)
• OE-certified black belt or green belt
• Fluent in Arabic
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English and Arabic e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com confirmed that it would acquire Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.